среда, 24 января 2018 г.

mango_hähnchen

Thai Chicken & Mango Curry in 30 minutes!

A delicious creamy and sweet curry, this chicken and mango curry uses mango puree in the sauce as well as rich coconut cream. Simple to make in under 30 minutes from beginning to end, the Thai flavours sing in this delectable dish.

One of the inevitable things about a new year appearing from around the curve is the oft-asked question, "So what is your new year's resolution?". I'm not a firm practitioner of the resolution but I will admit that there are certain things that I may want to do this year. But they aren't exactly your standard things like "lose weight, work out more (I would be setting myself up for a fail) and drink less."

Mine are more things like:

1) develop magic skills

2) visit Harry Potter world and Cuba

3) eat more food

4) see if it is too late to become a police detective

Perhaps I don't really understand this resolution stuff properly but this was all I could come up with while I was cooking and thinking (which is when I do my thinking apart from in the shower). I was so distracted that I didn't actually intend to blog this recipe which is why there is just a pic of snake beans that I thought were pretty enough to put on instagram (they weren't). I was merely playing around in the kitchen. I'm not even sure if this is an authentic Thai dish or not so the Thai is more in reference to the flavours rather than any claim to authenticity.

I picked up some great mangoes and snake beans at the market and decided to make a chicken curry with them. I think I was thinking along the lines of the Thai duck and lychee curries that I've eaten and how the fruit cools against the spicy coconut of the sauce and meat. I pureed some of the mango around the pip area as it was a bit too hard to cut it up into chunks and added it to the sauce. It ended up being so delicious that I decided that I just had to share it with you! This sweet and creamy curry is easily done in less than 30 minutes and makes enough to feed four hungry people.

So tell me Dear Reader, do you do new year's resolutions? And if so, what are yours this year? Did you end up fulfilling last year's?

Thai Chicken & Mango Curry in 30 minutes

An Original Recipe by Not Quite Nigella

Preparation time: 10 minutes

Cooking time: 15-20 minutes

  • Oil for frying
  • 2 onions, peeled and chopped* I put them in a small food chopper with the garlic and ginger
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
  • 4 slices fresh ginger, peeled
  • 3 tablespoons red curry paste
  • 500g/1lb. chicken thigh fillets, cut into small pieces
  • 2 cups coconut milk or coconut cream
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 1 large mango
  • 1 bunch snake beans (or use green beans) chopped into 1 inch pieces
  • Fresh coriander/cilantro and Thai basil to garnish
  • Boiled rice to serve

Step 1 - First get the rice started because that will take about 15 minutes. Then place a few tablespoons of oil into a large wok or pot on medium to high heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and fry until golden. Add the curry paste and fry for a minute until very fragrant, then add the chicken pieces and coat in the paste. Add the coconut milk/cream and stock and place lid on and cook for 10 minutes until chicken has cooked through and the sauce has thickened. After 5 minutes, add the beans.

Step 2 - While the chicken is cooking, slice both cheeks off the mango and cut around the pip removing as much mango flesh as possible. Place the bits of mango flesh in the food chopper along with the the flesh from half of one cheek (remove the skin). Puree until smooth. Cut the rest of the 1.5 cheeks into small mango cubes.

Step 3 - Once chicken has cooked, add the pureed mango and taste for seasoning. As curry pastes vary I find that you may need to add fish sauce if it isn't salty enough, lime juice if it needs acidity or chilli if it needs spice. You shouldn't have to add sugar as the pureed mango gives the sauce additional sweetness. Once everything is cooked, add the mango pieces and top with the coriander/cilantro and Thai basil (go easy on the latter as it is strong). I pour a little of the coconut cream on top to make it a bit richer.

Thai Red Curry with Chicken & Mango

The secrets to a really great Thai curry using store bought curry paste are: sautéing the curry paste with onion, garlic and fresh chilli, and simmering the curry with kaffir lime leaves (key tip). Plus my secret tip for a thick, extra saucy, extra tasty sauce with 1/3 less calories – MANGOES. Seriously. (But I’ve also provided the recipe using just coconut milk!)

Ever since my visit to the Groves Grown Tropical Fruit farm which I babbled about in the Coconut Shrimp/Prawns with Spicy Thai Mango Sauce recipe I shared a couple of weeks ago, I’ve been going a little mango-mad.

Mango sorbet. Mango cheesecake. Mango marinade (seriously SO GOOD!). Mango salsas.

I don’t want to overwhelm you with mango recipes so I decided to pick one more to share this summer. And really, there was no contention.

This Mango Thai Red Curry. There are no words. Honestly, I think it’s the best “from scratch” invention to come out of this kitchen for a while. LOOK how thick and saucy it is! With 1/3 less calories.

Everyone loves a great curry, especially creamy coconut milk ones. But I rarely have Thai curries midweek because of the calories….WOWZER! Coconut milk is seriously loaded with calories. There are 920 calories / 3,850 kilojoules in one 400g/13oz can of coconut milk. Did you know that??

Sure, you could go low-fat coconut milk. But it’s nowhere near the same……Those who have tried it will know exactly what I’m talking about when I say that the curry sauce is watery instead of creamy.

So the awesome discovery I made?? Switch out half the coconut milk with mango puree. That’s right, mangoes! In puree form it’s thick and creamy, has the sweetness of coconut milk – the PERFECT coconut milk substitute. With less than 1/3 of the calories of coconut milk.

And in case you are concerned, NO it’s not too sweet! Coconut milk is sweet anyway, so it basically replaces that. Plus, here are the ratios I use: 1 can (400g/13oz) coconut milk, 1 cup mango puree and 3/4 cup chicken broth/stock (thins out the mango, adds extra flavour depth).

There is no way anyone would taste this curry and think “this is sweet”.

To be clear – I did not invent this recipe in a bid to lighten up curry! I made it simply because I thought it would be delish – and it blew me away. And my taste testers. Especially when I told them it was so much healthier than the usual red curry!

This is the very first recipe I’m sharing which uses a store bought curry paste. And it’s in response to a request from a friend who mentioned that curries she makes using store bought curry paste just never tastes as good as restaurant curries.

There’s no denying that a made-from-scratch curry paste makes a difference. But you know what? The bigger factor is using store bought curry paste properly – freshening up the flavours by sautéing it with onion, garlic, ginger and chillies.

And the ultimate tip I have? KAFFIR LIME LEAVES. That is the key. They smell limey but are earthier, and when you plonk them into the sauce to simmer away, that is when the magic happens and you’ll make a curry that rivals a restaurant one.

I need to stop here. Otherwise I’ll write a thesis.

I really hope you try this. I can’t stress enough how delicious it is! Thick, creamy, EXTRA saucy with less calories. *Eyes fluttering* Thai curry heaven. – Nagi x

  • 1 tbsp oil (vegetable, canola, grape seed)
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • ½ tsp ginger, minced (not critical)
  • ½ - 1 tsp red chilli, minced (Optional. I used 1 tsp.)
  • 1 small onion, sliced (brown, white, yellow) or 3 eschallots
  • 1.2lb / 600g chicken thigh fillets (or breast), cut into bite size pieces
  • 4 - 5 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste (Note 1)
  • 1 can (400ml/13oz) coconut milk (full fat is better but low fat is ok too)
  • ¾ cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup mango puree, preferably fresh (1 large mango) (Note 2)
  • 1 tbsp fish sauce
  • 2 kaffir lime leaves
  • Jasmine rice
  • Coriander/cilantro leaves
  • Lime wedges
  • Fresh red chili, sliced
  1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
  2. Add garlic, ginger, chilli (if using) and onion and saute until the onion is starting to soften.
  3. Add chicken and cook until white all over but still raw inside.
  4. Add curry paste and saute for 2 minutes until fragrant.
  5. Add coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to simmer, stirring to dissolve the curry paste into the liquid. Then add the mango, fish sauce and kaffir lime leaves.
  6. Turn heat down to medium and simmer for 12 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened. Adjust saltiness using fish sauce.
  7. Serve over jasmine rice, garnished with coriander/cilantro, wedges of lime and slices of red chilli, if desired.

Nutrition per serving assuming 4 servings using MANGO puree. Note: This curry is saucier than most Thai curry recipes you’ll find!

Nutrition per serving assuming 4 servings using only Coconut Milk per Note 3.

Hi Nagi Could I replace the chicken with fish?

Have cooked this several times with the chicken & is so delicious !!

Definitely! Just pop it in right at the end, fish doesn’t take long to cook 🙂 N x

Could I use beef instead of chicken? Any adjustments?

Hi Sonja! What cut of beef do you have? 🙂

I want to make this but only have beef, would that work too?

Yes! If it’s a slow cooking cut, simmer slowly until tender 🙂 What cut do you have?

Karen Ellem says

Can this Thai curry be made with frozen mango chunks pureed?

Or would it be better with fresh mangoes?

Hi Karen! Frozen is just fine for this 🙂 Hope you love it! N x

How spicy is the red paste you use? Using mango, does it make this overly sweet?

Hi Jax! Because it’s curry paste from a jar, it isn’t that spicy. And the mango doesn’t make it overly sweet, in fact, the mango replaces coconut milk which is why this is so much healthier than the usual red curries. And coconut milk is sweet too so the mango just replaces that sweetness!

This one looks wonderful. Can it be made a day or two ahead and reheated? Is this likely to improve the flavour? I’m having a dinner party with a number of dishes and was hoping to make this a day ahead in order to make life easier!

Yes! It keeps so well!

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Find a recipe!

Hi, I’m Nagi!

I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. You just need to cook clever and get creative! ♥

Never miss a recipe!

Join my free email list and receive TWO free cookbooks!

Hi, I’m Nagi!

I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. You just need to cook clever and get creative! ♥ Read More…

Malaysian Mango Chicken

Malaysian Mango Chicken

Malaysian Mango Chicken recipe – It is an appetizing dish that will satisfy your tastebuds when you are in mood for something light and tangy.

Ingredients:

8 oz skinless and boneless chicken thigh (breast or leg), cut into bite-size pieces

2 tablespoons oil

1/2 small onion, quartered

1/2 small red bell pepper, cut into chunks

1/2 small green bell pepper, slivered into 1-inch lengths

1/2 medium ripe green mango, peeled, pitted and slivered

1/2 teaspoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 dash of black pepper

1 teaspoon cornstarch

2-3 tablespoons tomato puree, or tomato ketchup

2 tablespoon chili sauce (Lingham or Maggi)

1 tablespoon oyster sauce

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon A1 Steak sauce

1 teaspoon honey

2-3 tablespoons mango juice, pineapple juice, or water

1/2-1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, balsamic or black vinegar

sugar and salt to taste

2. Mix the Sauce ingredients in a bowl. Adjust sugar and other Sauce ingredients to your liking. Set sauce mixture aside.

3. Heat up a little oil in a wok, stir-fry onions, red and green bell peppers until fragrant and slightly charred. Dish up and set aside.

4. Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok, toss in marinated chicken pieces, mango slivers and give it a quick swirl for 1 minute or until the chicken gets a bit sticky on the wok. Cover wok and simmer on medium-high heat for another 2 minutes to draw the mango juice out.

5. Remove wok cover, add in the sauce mixture, stir well and bring it to a quick boil. Cover wok, turn heat to medium-low and let it simmer until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.

6. Toss in items from step 3., stir well, salt and sugar to taste. Dish up and serve with steamed white rice.

Growing up in Malaysia, I was very much spoiled by all the exotic tropical fruit varieties. From the seasonal Durian ‘King of Fruits’ and Mangosteen, the mighty Queen, to mangoes that are amongst the royal fruits you will see everywhere throughout the year. Fruits are abundantly available, so much so that restaurants are always coming up with fresh new ideas to incorporate fruits into the local dishes, eg. Durian with sticky rice and fried fish with Dragon fruit sauce, just to name a few. Ripe mangoes are used to cook dishes like Mango Chicken, whereas fresh, unripened mangoes are used in most fruit salads, eg. Rojak. Ripe green mangoes impart a distinct sweet and tangy flavor to any chicken or shrimp dish, especially when rendered spicy.

Out of the three mango varieties that I am fond of, two were grown in our family garden. Apple Rumanis, sweet and tangy apple-shaped mangoes with a crunchy texture and Champagne / Honey Mangoes, aka Manila Mangoes, which are super sweet and juicy, and bigger than the kind found in the USA, roughly 5-6 inch long. Some of the best moments in my life were shared with my dad around the garden. I vividly remember how exciting it was during mango picking time when we couldn’t wait till we finished picking them and started peeling them off and enjoying them right under the trees. The third variety came from a tree that grew right outside our house and it bore green mangoes throughout the year for, much to the delight of any lucky passer-by. When those mangoes ripen, they emit a highly aromatic and unique scent and to this day, remain my personal favorite over the yellow kind. For those unripe mangoes, my folks would put them in a rice bucket, buried in the rice for a few days. Remember those days?

One of the most popular uses of mango in Malaysian cooking is in making Mango Chicken. And there are two delicious versions. The first one is more of a Thai influence using mango slivers with other shredded veges served with crispy chicken and a sweet spicy sauce. The other is a stir-fried version with chicken and mango slices. The latter style being the one more popular in the USA because it’s widely offered by most, if not all of the Malaysian restaurants here.

Unlike other sweet-sauced chicken dishes, eg. Sweet and Sour Chicken and Orange chicken, stir-fried Mango chicken does not use any frying batter. It is certainly an appetizing dish that will satisfy your tastebuds when you are in mood for something light and tangy. Just be sure to pick up a nice fresh, ripe or medium ripe mango, which I prefer. Let the mango work it’s magic. Simmer the mango until the juices surrender and you will definitely be on your way to a truly delicious Malaysian Mango dish!

REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO RASA MALAYSIA NEWSLETTER AND GET EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX. If you try my recipe, please use hashtag #rasamalaysia on social media so I can see your creations! Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for new recipes, giveaways and more.

MORE FAMILY-FRIENDLY RECIPES:

Chicken Satay

21 COMMENTS. read them below or add one

The color on that lovely mango chicken is just gorgeous and it looks so flavorfully tempting!! Love it

Looks like a lovely sweet-salty combination. Hmmm…wonder if durian chicken would work? hehe.

Susie Borromeo Milne via Facebook

I found your cookbook in a bookstore in Manila…I was thrilled to be able to buy it!

Holy yum! That looks delish and your reference to sticky rice, rojak etc got me drooling :D

This sounds delicious. My favorite fruit is mango and I’ve definitely never tried it this way. :)

I just love Mangoes ! I must try this Malaysian version of Mango Chicken. I love Malaysian food, and enjoyed it in a previous visit to Penang. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

I’ve never come across Malaysian Mango chicken before. Is it a common dish in Penang? I’m keen to try it though, the combination of sweet sour and spicy is tempting my taste buds!

Mango Chicken is more commonly served in KL than in Penang, it was pretty much made famous back in the 90s’.

that makes sense. I lived on Penang for three years in the 70s and never heard of mango chicken.

Mmmmm very nice indeed. Looks very similar to a recipe that i used to cook often Brazilian Chicken style. I will try to get a nice mangos in Brighton Asian market, and then I´ll which I prefer. thanks!

This is something that I could prepare for my kids to introduce them to malaysian cuisine.

Ohh this looks fantastic with a bowl of rice ;) I like mangos in savoury dishes hehe

This is such a gorgeous dish, Bee! The dish looks deliciously colorful and would brighten up a dull day. I’m sure it tastes DIVINE!

This is exactly what I want now…

Trust me this dish is making me drool like crazy…

A bowl of rice with this mango chicken and I”ll not ask for anything else…

hey, this looks DE-licious! How much does it serve?

Thanks! For me, its good enough for 2 persons. Then again, it really depends on your appetite:)

Am I missing something in this recipe? The marinade has no liquid ingredient listed. I’ve never made a marinade that didn’t have any liquid. Please let me know.

I made this for dinner tonight, and I inadvertantly added too much chili sauce and too much oyster sauce. Is there a way to fix the sauce? It is too spicy and has a slighy fishy taste from the oyster sauce. I was making extra since I feed 2 teenage boys, and miscounted/misjudged my measurements. Thanks!

I am totally confused by this :”ripe green mango”. Is that a special kind of mango ? It can’t be ripe + green as far as I know. It’s either ripe or green. If it’s just an unripened mango how hard should it be ? I have read that there are different kinds of mango from Mexico or from Asian countries. Does the place of origin make a difference or do they taste mostly the same ? I need some help ! Thanks.

Leave a Comment Cancel reply

Get Free Recipes via Email

HELLO FROM BEE

Welcome to Rasa Malaysia: Easy Delicious Recipes! Check out the 1200+ recipes in Recipe Index, follow me on Instagram and Pinterest, like me on Facebook, and sign up for my FREE email newsletter.

Pineapple-Mango Chicken Recipe

Pineapple-Mango Chicken Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1-1/2 cups undrained crushed pineapple
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 medium mangoes, peeled and chopped
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • Hot cooked rice

Directions

Nutritional Facts

1 chicken breast with 2/3 cup sauce (calculated without rice): 350 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.

  • 1-1/2 cups undrained crushed pineapple
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 medium mangoes, peeled and chopped
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • Hot cooked rice
  1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until sauce is thickened and raisins are plumped, stirring occasionally. Stir in mangoes; heat through. Set aside.
  2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with sauce and rice. Yield: 4 servings.

Select the Newsletters that interest you to subscribe

Recipe of the day newsletter

Receive new recipes and fan favorites for daily inspiration!

Taste of home

Quick & easy homemade meals that are perfect anytime!

Taste of home

Get our 10 most popular recipes delivered to your inbox!

By entering my email and clicking the subscribe button below, I am opting to receive the newsletters I have selected.

Please enter a valid email

You Are successfully subscribed

ERROR! Please try Again

Reviews for Pineapple-Mango Chicken

Average Rating

"I used fresh pineapple, and some added juice and added mushrooms and sweet peppers and it was delicious!"

"My family absolutely loved this! I omitted the golden raisins because I didn't have any, and I served it over white rice. easy and delicious!"

Similar Recipes

  • More from Taste of Home

  • Mango Chicken with Plum Sauce

  • Cashew Mango Grilled Chicken

    Contests & Promotions

  • Not a member yet?

    Registration is easy and FREE!

    As a member of tasteofhome.com, you can:
    • Store and Organize Recipes in your Recipe Box
    • Rate Recipes and Add Comments
    • Get Free Newsletters
    • And More!
    Join with Email

    Already a member?

    Please enter your first name, this will be used as your display name for reviewing recipes and leaving comments.

    An email was sent to with a link for you to reset your password.

    Didn't get the email?

    Click here for tips from Customer Service.

    Please enter your email address and we will send you a link to create a new password.

    An email was sent to with a link for you to reset your password.

    Didn't get the email?

    Click here for tips from Customer Service.

    By creating an account you are agreeing to receive occasional email offers from our Family of Publications and you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

    Continue with Facebook

    Email address is required for account creation.

    Your account has been created

    Save recipes, rate favorites and join the fun!

    Curry Rezepte Sri Lanka: Curry-Huhn mit Mango Chutney

    Curry-Huhn (Curry Chicken) ist eine weit verbreitete Delikatesse aus Süd-Asien, Ost-Asien und auch der Karibik. Die Hauptzutaten sind, wie der Name schon sagt, Curry und Huhn. Die dabei verwendeten Curry-Pulver-Mischungen aus Kurkuma, Kreuzkümmel, Ingwer etc. variieren mit der Region, und werden in die Sauce zusammen mit dem Huhn gemischt. Curry-Huhn ist eines der einfachsten, aber zugleich leckersten Curry-Gerichte, und ist nicht nur in Asien sehr beliebt. Es geht schnell, es macht sehr satt und es ist vor allem eins: lecker!

    4 Hühner-Brüste (ca. 400g) in kleine Stücke geschnitten

    1 kleine Zwiebel grob gehackt

    1 rote Paprika in Streifen geschnitten

    2 kleine rote Chilis (getrocknet und gemahlen)

    100ml cremiger Joghurt ungesüßt oder Kokoscreme

    2 TL Currypulver

    ½ TL schwarzen Pfeffer

    Schichten Sie Huhn, Zwiebeln, Paprika und Erbsenschoten in einen Topf. Vermischen Sie die restlichen Zutaten außer Joghurt bzw. Kokoscreme; geben Sie die Mischung über das Hühnchen. Bedecken Sie den Topf und köcheln Sie das ganze auf kleiner Hitze ca. 30 Minuten, bis das Gemüse gar ist und das Hühnchenfleisch innen nicht mehr rosa ist.

    Erst dann den Joghurt bzw. die Kokoscreme einrühren und langsam erhitzen, nicht aufkochen!

    Servieren Sie mit Reis, und würzen Sie nach Belieben mit Salz, schwarzem Pfeffer, Kokosflocken und gehackten Ernüssen.

    Weitere Curry-Rezepte aus Sri Lanka:

    Mango-Hähnchen

    Getestetes Rezept. geht einfach und schnell

    Zutaten für 4 Portionen

    Schalotten 6 Min. blanchieren,abschrecken,pellen und vierteln.

    Die Filets im heiГџen Г–l 3 Min. anbraten,dann im Ofen bei 190В° auf der 2.Schiene von unten 10 Min. fertiggaren.

    Inzwischen die Limette auspressen.Zucker in der Pfanne karamelisieren,mit Limettensaft und Wein ablöschen.Schalotten dazugeben und 2 Min. dünsten.Mango,Chili und Koriander untermischen,salzen und pfeffern.

    Mit der Hähnchenbrust servieren.

    Geräte und Anmerkungen des Autors

    Du benötigst: GerГ¤te

    Mango-Hähnchen wurde ausprobiert von:

    Hast Du dieses Rezept ausprobiert? Hier markieren.

    2 Kommentare zu Mango-Hähnchen

    vielen dank für die erklärung.ich hab´s zwar gemacht,wie im rezept vorgeschrieben,aber warum das so ist,wußte ich gar nicht.

    also nochmal danke.obwohl. die bemerkung,daß männer die besseren köche sind,ist mir ja fast. auf den magen geschlagen.

    Das Rezept wurde in 8 Rezeptboxen gespeichert. Liste ansehen

    Meld dich an für das Kochmeister-Rezept des Tages

    und verpasse nie wieder eine leckere Rezeptidee.

    Vanille-Hähnchen mit weissem Reis und Mangochutney

    ideal for prints up to DIN A3

    Interested in using multiple images? We have the perfect solution for small and big companies. Contact us today!

    living4media is a young premium photo agency which focuses on interiors, decoration, Do-It-Yourself and gardens. It combines a number of internationally renowned interior photographers and agencies under one roof.

    seasons.agency is a new photo agency from Germany which focuses on beauty, fashion and cover images. It presents an exclusive portfolio of European photo productions that clearly stands out from the crowd.

    PhotoCuisine represents more than 200,000 images from leading French food photographers and thus stands for almost the entire elite of culinary image artists from the home land of haute cuisine.

    Curry Beilage: Rezept "Mango-Chutney"

    Chutneys sind geleeartige, süße und oft scharfe Beilagen, die ursprünglich vom Indischen Subkontinent stammen. Vergleichbare andere Formen von „Chutneys“ sind die Salsas Süd-Amerikas oder Eingelegtes bzw. Eingemachtes in Europa. Typischerweise enthalten Chutneys frische, gewürfelte Früchte oder Gemüse, die mit verschiedenen Gewürzen vermischt werden und als Beilage zu verschiedenen Asiatischen Gerichten, z.B. Currys, gereicht werden.

    240g getrocknete Mangos (über Nacht in Wasser eingelegt)

    30g frische Ingwerwurzel, geschält und gerieben

    1 zerdrückte Knoblauchzehe

    1 TL Chilipulver

    Geben Sie die aufgeweichten Mangos in einen Mixer mit etwas Wasser und mixen Sie bis die Masse sämig ist. Erhitzen Sie auf kleiner Flamme in einer Pfanne Essig, Zucker, Ingwer, Knoblauch, Chili-Pulver und Salz, bis der Zucker sich aufgelöst hat. Erhitzen Sie nun stark, bis sich eine Art dicklicher Sirup gebildet hat. Nehmen Sie nun die Pfanne von der Flamme und geben Sie die Mango-Masse hinein. Noch einmal 10 Minuten köcheln lassen, und dann in einem Glasbehälter abkühlen lassen.

    Mango Chutney - mild - Patak's 340g - jetzt nur €3,99

    Weitere Curry Beilagen-Rezepte:

    Mango hähnchen

    Posts mit dem Tag: ‘Mango’

    Cajun-Hähnchen mit Rauch-Pellkartoffeln

    Aus der Sendung “Tim Mälzer kocht!”, 29.3.2014, 15:03 Uhr, ARD mehr … >

    Mango-Apfel-Strudel mit Karamell-Sauce

    Aus der Sendung “Tim Mälzer kocht!”, 8.3.2014, 15:03 Uhr, ARD mehr … >

    Schoko-Kaiserschmarrn mit Mango

    Aus der Sendung “Tim Mälzer kocht!”, 23.2.2013, 15:03 Uhr, ARD mehr … >

    Was ist denn da passiert? – “TMK!” morgen um 15:03 Uhr im Ersten

    Klar, die Sahne ist steif! Aber was ist mit Tims Hand los? mehr … >

    Mangosalat mit Rauke

    Aus der Sendung “Tim Mälzer kocht!” 26.3.2011, 15:30 Uhr, ARD mehr … >

    Mangokompott

    Aus der Sendung “Tim Mälzer kocht!” 31.10.2009, 15:30 Uhr, ARD mehr … >

    Asiatischer Reisbandnudelsalat mit Hähnchen & Mango

    Kommentare :

    Oh, das sieht ja unglaublich lecker aus!

    Ich liebe asiatisches Essen (und möchte auch mal eine Asienrundreise machen, um dort möglichst viel traditionelle Gerichte probieren zu können). :D

    Werde dein Rezept auf jeden Fall mal ausprobieren. (:

    Hallo liebe Ina,

    wahnsinn, schaut das lecker aus! Natürlich sehe ich so etwas jetzt zur Mittagszeit. Himmlisch! Danke für das tolle Rezept, es wird auf jeden Fall nachgekocht. Lass es Dir schmecken, ganz liebe Grüße, Olga.

    Oh ja, ich freue mich so sehr darauf, dass ich in 9 Tagen wieder in Südostasien bin und futtern kann. :)

    Das sieht wirklich ganz wunderbar aus!!

    Mhh, die Kombination klingt so gut. Bei mir gibt's auch mindestens einmal die Woche etwas asiatisches auf dem Tisch, momentan große Liebe sind bei mir Sommerrollen!

    Und klingt eben so.

    Toll Idee, vielen Dank dafür.

    Ohhhh das sieht wirklich toll aus!

    Das sieht lecker aus! Gespeichert, probiere ich die Tage aus!

    Oh, ich liebe asiatisches Essen! Besonders japanisches. Und an vietnamesisch taste ich mich auch gerade ran, sehr geil!

    Aber beim selber kochen klappt bei mir vieles noch nicht perfekt. Danke für dieses Rezept, ich probiere es bestimmt mal aus. :)

    mhmm das sieht wirklich köstlich aus liebe ina!! asiatisch lieben wir sowieso total <3

    Das schaut sowas von lecker aus und klingt so gut, dass ich es heute Abend gleich versuche nachzukochen :-) Danke schonmal für die Inspiration und das Rezept :-) LG Nadine

    Ich liebe Asiafood auch total! Nicht nur wegen meinen Genen haha, ich glaube auch ohne die würde ich Asia-Food lieben :) der Salat sieht wirklich super lecker aus, werde ich bald mal ausprobieren!

    Danke für das Rezept / die Anregung! :)

    Die Schüssel hätte ich jetzt auch gerne zu Hause stehen! Ich liebe solche Gerichte, einfach super lecker!!

    Das sieht total lecker aus, yummi. Auch ich bin ein großer Asiafood-Fan, besonders alle Gerichte mit Erdnusssoße haben es mir angetan. Da könnte ich mich reinlegen :)

    Das sieht wahnsinnig lecker aus und wird auf jeden Fall nachgemacht!!

    Mein Freund und ich haben das heute Abend gleich mal nachgekocht :) allerdings mit Baby-Spinat statt mit Zuckererbsen .. die waren sooo unverschämt teuer :( Viiiielen Dank für das leckere Rezept - es hat unglaublich gut geschmeckt :)

    Das sieht ja sehr gut aus hmmm obwohl es schon spät ist, krieg ich da gleich Hunger! :)

    Liebe Grüße, Conny von wundersuess.at

    Mensch, das ist ja auch wieder ein super tolles Rezept. Die Kombi aus Hähnchen und Mango ist super. :) Mus sich direkt abspeichern. Mal sehen, ob ich meinen Freund überzeugen kann, das Rezept gemeinsam mit mir nachzukochen. :) Danke <3

    Heute probiert: GEIL! ('tschuldigung!)

    Comments make me happy – so make me smile ♥.

    Ina | Foodlover | Freiburg (GER) | more

    This blog is a collection of delicious recipes, daily stories, DIY-ideas and some photography.

    Whatinaloves.com should bring the focus back on the little things in life that make us happy.

    I hope you like the posts and maybe come back soon.

    » Keep in touch «

    » Categories «

    » Blogging Friends «

    Fall/Winter Edition 2014

    Alle meine BloggingFriends ansehen

    » copyright & love «

    All writing, photography and design on WhatInaLoves is copyright by Ina W. © 2006-2017, Unless indicated otherwise. All rights reserved. If you want to use my pictures please ask me first or write me an email @ ina.w86@gmail.com

    KONTAKT|CREDITS|IMPRESSUM DATENSCHUTZ

    Unless indicated otherwise. All rights reserved.

    KONTAKT | IMPRESSUM | DATENSCHUTZ

  • Комментариев нет:

    Отправить комментарий

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...